TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms & Conditions and the Gym Rules are regarding Rooney's Boxing Gym Ltd, company number 10327490 and whose registered office is at Kingsridge House, 601 London Road, Westcliff, Essex, SS0 9PE. "Gym" refers to Rooneys Boxing Gym.
These Terms & Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms & Conditions or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
1. ROONEY'S BOXING GYM RULES
• REGISTRATION You must register through our app and agree to our waiver and terms and conditions before using any services of Rooney's Boxing Gym. You must also book before attending any group class or personal training session.
• CONDUCT OF MEMBERS All Members and guests must conduct themselves in a respectful manner whilst using our facilities. All Gym users must adhere to any reasonable request from Rooney's Boxing Gym staff in relation to health and safety. Any Gym user who acts in an intimidating, abusive, violent or disrespectful manner may be removed from the Gym. No Gym user may bring external personal trainers to the Gym or act as a personal trainer, paid or otherwise. Where appropriate equipment and machines should be wiped down. Any Gym users who are not sure how to use a piece of equipment should ask a trainer for instruction before commencing their exercise. Rooney's Boxing Gym will not take any responsibility where a Gym user sustains injury from incorrect use of equipment. Alcohol and illegal substances are prohibited from being brought into and/or consumed on the premises; any Gym user under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances will be removed from the Gym. Smoking is prohibited on Gym premises at all times.
• GYM CLOTHES All Gym users should use appropriate measures to maintain basic hygiene standards, showering and wearing clean gym clothing whilst using the Gym. All Rooney's Boxing Gym users are expected to wear appropriate clothes at all times while using the Gym. Rooney's Boxing Gym considers appropriate clothes to be: closed shoes suitable for exercising; t-shirt or vest and shorts or trousers suitable for exercising .The following is NOT appropriate: Jeans or other inappropriate trousers; No t-shirt; Open shoes or bare feet, unless partaking in Yoga Classes. Refusal to adhere to these rules may result in the Gym user being asked to leave the gym; continued refusal is a breach of the Rules and as such Rooney's Boxing Gym may terminate the user’s Membership.
• CLASSES All classes must be booked through our app or website prior to attending. Rooney's Boxing Gym timetables, instructors and classes are subject to change at any time. Rooney's Boxing Gym will endeavour to provide notice when a class is unable to take place for any reason.
• PERSONAL PROPERTY Rooney's Boxing Gym strongly advises all gym users to lock their belongings in a locker at all times that they are using the Gym's facilities. Any property found left unattended in the Gym will be kept for a reasonable period, and then may be donated to a local charity. Rooney's Boxing Gym recommends that all members and non-members avoid bringing any valuable items to the Gym. Rooney's Boxing Gym takes no responsibility for loss, theft or damage for any items brought into the Gym, unless Rooney's Boxing Gym is shown to have been negligent.
• GENERAL HEALTH AND SAFETY If any Gym user has concerns in relation to health and safety, they must report the issue to Rooney's Boxing Gym staff immediately.
Membership and gym use on pay as you train options and any Membership option is subject to these Terms & Conditions as amended from time to time. Annual membership will include a set number of class credits for the year. The credits will be given based on the selected membership. Once the credits are used up the member will revert to the pay as you train option and pay extra for any further credits. The member will still enjoy unlimited gym use. Rooney's Boxing Gym reserves the right to reject any application for Membership or Gym Use. Membership and Gym Use is available to individuals of 18 years of age and over, or 16 years of age with parental consent. Under a Family Membership the children are the sole responsibility of the accompanying adults and must be supervised at all times, Rooney's takes no responsibility for children that enter the gym with a family member. Upon being accepted to the Gym, the Member consents to having their photograph taken by Rooney's Boxing Gym to confirm their identity, and consents to having their photograph taken at any time whilst using the facilities, excluding changing rooms. Rooney's Boxing Gym reserves the right to use any photographs for press and/or promotional material.
3. MEMBERSHIP TYPES
Rooney's Boxing Gym offers the choice of various options from Pay as you Train, Annual memberships and Monthly Memberships.
Membership options include:
"Pay as you Train" - 1 day, 1 Class, Class Pass, 1 week (includes 2 class credits) , 1 month (includes 9 class credit). All PAYG class credits expire within 6 months of the purchase date.
- "12 Months Up Front Annual Membership – twelve months of Membership from selected start date. Platinum, Gold and Silver Membership. Annual memberships, full payment is required upfront, and the membership will automatically expire at the end of the term. Annual Membership will include a set number of class credits for the year. Credits will be given based on the selected membership. Once the credits are used up the member will revert to the pay as you train option and pay extra for any further credits. The member will still enjoy unlimited gym use.
- Monthly: Monthly Memberships, payment is collected each month on and around the date of signing up. class credits will be given monthly and must be used within each month period and any unused credits will not carry over to the following month. Monthly membership includes unlimited gym use.
- Rooney's Boxing Gym reserves the right to introduce, withdraw and vary categories of Membership.
All members and non-members will register on the Rooney's Boxing Gym App. Members and non-members must also register their attendance when entering the gym as security and verification on each visit to the Gym; Admission to the Gym will not be allowed without registration on our App.
The Personal Trainers that operate within the Gym are not employees of Rooney's Boxing Gym, but are self-employed, independent freelance trainers.
6. INITIAL JOINING FEE AND MEMBERSHIP DUES
Gold, Silver and Family Members shall pay an initial Joining Fee as per the Gym's current pricing. Annual Membership is payable in one payment in full. Monthly membership will be debited on or around the date of initial sign up. In the event that the Member falls into arrears in respect of any fees payable, all arrears must be settled before the Member can use the Gym. Changes to pricing for new members may be made without notice. Any discounted Membership options are offered on the basis that the Member can provide proof of eligibility; Members should be aware that the full fee for their Membership type may be applied until such proof is provided.
7. CANCELLING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Members on a Monthly Membership contract may cancel their Membership after or with effect by giving one full calendar month's advance written notice, effective from their last payment date, set when signing up. This should be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Rooney's Boxing Gym is not obliged to refund any fees where the Member has not cancelled the instruction and cannot provide proof of a valid cancellation request. All fees must be paid to date at the time of cancellation. Paid in Full Memberships will expire automatically at the end of the term. No refunds are applicable for any portion of fees paid upfront, apart from in the following circumstances: permanent illness and permanent injury preventing gym usage. Valid documentation will be requested as proof.
8. HEALTH AND SAFETY
All Gym users must complete a health questionnaire (PAR-Q) before using the Gym, which is embedded as part of our registration process. The Member warrants and represents upon their registration, and repeats such warranty upon each visit to the Gym, that they are in good physical condition and know of no medical or other reason why they should not engage in any form of exercise, and that such exercise would not be detrimental to their health, safety, comfort or physical condition. Rooney's Boxing Gym advises all Gym users to take medical advice prior to starting any exercise programme if they are in any doubt in their ability to exercise. If any medical conditions are disclosed, the user must declare them to the club, stating that they have sought medical advice or wish to use the Gym without doing so, and that they take full responsibility for any injury or health condition sustained whilst using the facilities arising from their medical condition. Rooney's Boxing Gym staff and Personal Trainers, are not medically trained and are therefore not qualified to assess whether the Gym user is in appropriate physical condition to use the facilities.
9. THE CLUB
Full details of normal opening hours are available on the Rooney's Gym Website and App. Rooney's Boxing Gym reserves the right to vary normal opening hours, temporarily remove the access of equipment, or to temporarily close certain areas of the Gym from time to time without notice for various purpose including for cleaning, decorating, repairs, refurbishment, or for special functions, gym hire and holidays.
10. TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP BY ROONEY'S BOXING GYM
Rooney's Boxing Gym may terminate a Membership without notice and with immediate effect if:
The Member breaches these Terms & Conditions or the Gym Rules, either repeatedly or because of one serious breach; The Member puts the health, safety or well-being of staff or other Members or Guests at risk;
All decisions made by Rooney's Boxing Gym under this clause are final and binding.
11. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Members are responsible for advising Rooney's Boxing Gym of changes to their personal information.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall limit or exclude Rooney's Boxing Gym liability for:(i) death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its personnel or agents;(ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or(iii) any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.Subject to that:(a) Rooney's Boxing Gym shall have no liability to the Member or Guest, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with these Terms & Conditions; and(b) Rooney's Boxing Gym total liability to the Member or Guest, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with these Terms & Conditions shall be limited to £300.
13. CHANGES TO ROONEY'S BOXING GYM TERMS & CONDITIONS
Rooney's Boxing Gym may from time to time amend these Terms & Conditions, including the introduction of any additional terms and conditions. Any changes will be effective immediately and be made available to the existing members on request. New registrants will see all terms and conditions on registration and booking.
14. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You provide us with your email address, phone number and DOB when you register an account on our app or website. Please note although Rooney's Boxing Gym App/Website collects credit/debit card details this information is not held by Rooney's Boxing Gym but by our payment partner: Stripe. https://stripe.com/gb
15. THE TERMS OF YOUR CONTRACT
Once completing registration, these Terms & Conditions, the Gym Rules and the PAR-Q (Waiver) make up a binding contract with Rooney's Boxing Gym. Members are advised to read the Terms & Conditions and Gym Rules in full before registering, booking memberships, classes, personal training sessions or any products from our store.